Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Finally some nice weather...

It's finally spring in Iowa. Actually, its been spring for a couple of weeks now, but its been the raining all the time kind of spring, which sucks. Today, however, its nice outside. Gorgeous sunshine, if not a tad windy. I've been wandering in and out of the house in a tank top and I'm quite comfortable. Ahhh.

If I could move somewhere that was warm year-round I would do it in a heartbeat. I don't care if I never see snow for the rest of my life. I'm not at all one of those people who loves snow at the start of winter and then just gets sick of it by the end. I hate it all the time. Anything associated with cold is just plain bad in my book. You say snow is pretty; well, I'll give you that one. It's all sparkly and innocent looking. Until you have to drive in it, or walk in it, or otherwise BE in it. Then its just cold. And worse, it's cold that sticks to you, melts on your skin leaving cold red marks on you. Blech!

But the sun shining warmth all over your back.. that's just heaven. I love how my skin feels warm as the sun shines on it (and burns it into cancerous oblivion, but let's not think that way). I love the inviting cool of the grass (except the biting damn chiggers). I love the smell of heat and the thick perfume of flowering trees. For me, spring is long overdue.

No comments: