Wednesday, April 12, 2006

You know you're old when...

.. a day of errands leaves you completely wiped out.

1) I went computer shopping today, only to find out most of them are completely out of my range of affordability. My computer is a piece of crap, but I guess a piece of crap is all I can afford to have. 2) I had to get a new phone too - do they even make plain old ordinary phones anymore? Everything I saw had zillions of buttons and blinking lights and glow-in-the-dark numbers. 3) I had movies to return that were 4 days late. Again. Seriously thinking about Netflix. 4) I had a bunch of stuff to drop off at the local Goodwill. That stuff's been living in the back of my car for weeks now, waiting for me to get around to donating it. 5) I needed groceries, cleaning products, and sandals for my girls, so against my better judgement I got these things all at Walmart. Very bad idea with all the last-minute Easter candy shoppers.

The funny part at Walmart was when my 6yo daughter was begging for some dressy Easter sandals. "Those are just for Easter," I told her. "But I can wear them for Easter," she argued. "They're for church," I clarified. "So I can wear them to church on Easter," she said. I sighed loudly and told her, "We are heathens who don't go to church, even on Easter, so there is no reason for you to have those shoes." The bustle around us suddenly stopped, the voices ceased, and when I looked around, every single person in the shoe department was staring at me like I had just declared my intentions to blow up the building.

After 5 hours of driving from this place to that, wrestling 3 kids in and out of the car, 4 trips into public restrooms, and a french fry fight in the back seat, I was DONE.

*Sigh* I still have to go shopping for my son's birthday in a few days.

No comments: