Friday, February 03, 2006

And for my second wish...

My husband took me shopping last night and surprised me by grabbing the sewing machine I'd been asking for off the shelf and sticking it into the cart. This is the sewing machine I've been hinting about for the last year or so, and did a teeny bit of complaining about not getting for Christmas.

I'm so excited I can hardly control myself. All I can think about are the things I can sew! I could make new curtains for the girls' room. I could make a new comforter for my son's bed. I could make a thousand summer outfits for my kids. I could make new pajamas, bath robes, hats, tote bags... The possibilities are endless!

The sewing machine has yet to come out of the box. The plan is to put the sewing machine on an old desk we got from a friend in a corner of my bedroom. The corner of the bedroom currently has an unused gun cabinet and some boxes of clothes, so that has to be cleaned up. The desk is currently sitting outside in the shed and has to be cleaned up as well. So it looks like I have a lot of work ahead of me today if I'm ever going to sew.

No comments: