Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Deep Breath...

Dentist appointments start up again tomorrow. Thursday and Friday morning. Then Monday through Friday next week. Deep Breath. I think I need to lie down.

My mother is coming tonight to stay at our house until Friday and be a live-in babysitter again. This is alright, in very small doses, for me. Vic develops nervous ticks when she stays with us. We bicker more. It's not that he doesn't like her. I think he just likes his home to be his own. Next week I've arranged another sitter to watch the kids on Monday and Friday to lessen the days my mom stays here.

In leiu of actual textbook schooling during this time, we will be doing lots of reading. Group reading, independent reading, older-child-reading-to-younger-child reading, grandma reading, etc. I am hoping my mouth is not too numb or sore that I can actually read some aloud too, but we're not holding our breath.

Planned for the next couple weeks:

Books
The Last of the Mohicans by James Fenimore Cooper
The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling
The Golden Skull by John Blaine
Ten Apples Up On Top by Theo. LeSieg
In A People House by Theo. LeSieg
The Age of Dinosaurs by Jane Burton
How Big Were the Dinosaurs by Bernard Most
Shaping the Earth by Dorothy Hinshaw Patent

Other Stuff
Experiments from Linda's Homeschool Page on erosion and weathering
More experiments with home-grown crystals from Crystals and Crystal Gardens You Can Grow by Jean Stangl

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather!! I just read your blog and felt such a connection to you!! I can so sympathize with so much of what you go through!! Good luck with your dental appointments and I hope you don't have too much pain and suffering. And good luck with the job hunt too, we are going through that right now too (my husband is separating from the Air Force). I read all of your blogs, I just wish I was closer to where you are (or vice versa) cause I think we would have a lot in common. Anyway, wishing you well and sending positive vibes your way!!