Thursday, February 07, 2008

Rednecks in the Snow...

Our most recent snowstorm dumped ten inches of perfectly sticky "packing snow" all over the neighborhood. A snowman builder's dream. I sent the kids out yesterday to shovel the driveway, and when they were finished, they played for at least another hour out there. When Vic got home, it was dark, and he was kind of bummed to miss out on all the snow fun. So after the kids were in bed, my husband went outside to build.



What glorious snow structures can a kid-at-heart, creative-minded redneck build? The Parthenon? The Statue of Liberty? The Great Pyramid? Nope. He built this:
A life-sized lawn tractor. Complete with wheels, blade cover, seat and steering wheel. I'm so proud.



This morning, the guy from the gas company wandered through the yard on his way to the meter. Cadence watched him from the back door and said, "Mama, he's taking a picture!" I opened the door and chatted with him a few minutes. He said he couldn't resist taking a picture. Not something you see every day I guess.

I expect it to be completely wrecked by this afternoon, but I did get lots of pictures, so it was fun while it lasted eh?

9 comments:

Mama Podkayne said...

ITS ON KCCI!

http://www.kcci.com/slideshow/15235422/detail.html

In the slide show. Very cool.

Heather said...

Sa-weet!!

Bobbi said...

LOVE IT!!!

Anonymous said...

Very cool!

Anonymous said...

That is completely amazing. I se a career.

kitten said...

That ROCKS! I really wanna come play!

Anonymous said...

That is so cool. You should be proud. How fun for the kids.

Heather said...

That is so cool. Now if it only could only cut grass, I might try to make one too.

Deanna said...

Wow! Neat! There are big snow carving contests around, I think he's got a gift for this! :-)