Monday, June 19, 2006

Out of the closet...

I've decided to reveal my not-too-hidden identity, and those of my family. So without further ado, let me introduce us.

I'm Heather, which you probably already know. I enjoy expensive meals and long walks on the beach. Actually I'm kind of boring. I like to sew, which I'm just learning how to do, and crochet, which I'm really pretty good at. I'm impassioned about a bunch of things, and have been known to blabber on about them here.

My manly lug of a husband is Vic. We've been married for 10 years. He's into engines and is currently rebuilding a 1980 Honda Goldwing, hopefully in time for him to actually ride it this summer. Vic is my complete opposite in most areas but despite this fact is still a pretty smart guy.

My son Chad is 10. He's very high-energy and incredibly smart, although he has a tendency to question his own abilities and become overly judgemental of his skills. He is very vocal, chatting your ear off every second you give him the chance, and often asking questions that are difficult to answer. He also has a tendency to lean towards odd in most cases. This is the child put on the earth to teach me patience. He has caused me to redefine what "weird" even is, often deciding that those that seem strange are really just misunderstood. He is a wonderful and fun kid.

My daughter Cadence is 6. She's currently dealing with a battle between Tomboy and Girly Girl. She loves butterflies, flowers, lacy dresses and everything pretty. She also loves climbing trees and digging in the dirt. I think once she figures out where she wants to fit in there, she'll be a wonderfully balanced young lady. Cadence has a naturally passive personality, which makes her middle child status even more profound when she is so easily overlooked. I think we're doing a pretty good job making her feel special, but she still has to remind us sometimes when something is "NOT FAIR!" She's a beautiful girl with a quick smile, and everyone that knows her, loves her.

My youngest daughter Riley is 3. She's recently discovered that she is not, as previously thought, the center of the universe, and I'm telling ya, she's pissed about it. She's got a fantastic vocabulary and a full grasp of language, so her complaints are clear to everyone who cares to hear them. Riley is the comic relief in my life. Most kids her age are really funny anyway, but she's topped my other two in hysterical comments and events. Riley's birth was the event that made me reconsider my parenting style and way of life. In a way, I'm a better parent and an overall better person because of her.

So that's it. That's my family. I'm looking forward to sharing a little more freely now. Boy am I glad to get that all off my chest!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice to meet you all!

:-)